27 Jul 2008
This means that anyone with an OpenID can now comment using their OpenID url. Amazingly, that means anyone from:
- Blogspot – blogname.blogspot.com
- Flickr – www.flickr.com/photos/username
- LiveJournal – username.livejournal.com
- Technorati – technorati.com/people/technorati/username
- and a host of other sites (or even your own site)
I think it’s a great way of improving the inter-operability of different blogging / social networking platforms. It will definitely mean a little more convenience for those who will comment on this blog since they won’t have to type all those info to comment. Just type your OpenID url on the text box with the OpenID logo.
Enable OpenID on your own wordpress site by installing the OpenID WP Plugin just as I did. You can also install the OpenID Delegation Plugin to make your website (i.e. http://urriza.net/blog) your very own OpenID identity. So now I can comment on my LiveJournal and Blogger friends using my own URL. Nice.